For the first time, the ASCE Geo-Institute will be organizing its annual Geo-Congress around the theme of case histories. Following Prof. Prakash’s series of acclaimed international conferences, the 2019 Geo-Congress will be the Eighth International Conference on Case Histories in Geotechnical Engineering, and will bring together researchers, practitioners, students and policy makers from around the globe to share their geo-accomplishments and carry on the tradition of using case histories to cultivate engineering judgment as espoused by Terzaghi, Peck, Prakash, and so many other legendary geoengineers.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend
- Network with your colleagues from around the world.
- Gain essential ethics and geo-business information at sessions provided by GBA.
- Visit exhibitors to find the latest tools, techniques, e-programs, etc.
- Earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs) to maintain your professional licensure while gaining relevant focused knowledge.
- Last but not least, experience Philadelphia. A First World Heritage City, with its iconic 300 years of history amidst a vibrant 21st century culture, as well as picturesque and friendly streets lined with parks, shops, public art, restaurants and museums. Philadelphia is home to four Civil Engineering Historic Landmarks – a perfect landing spot for civil and geotechnical engineers!
Convince Your Boss
As a civil engineering professional, you know you can find the latest information, innovations, and technologies when you attend ASCE conferences. You also know that to be competitive, you must constantly fine-tune your skills, find new ways to cut costs, streamline processes, and drive change.
- Program: Identify specific courses that are beneficial to your company and calculate the PDHs you can earn toward maintaining your license.
- Expenses: Register as early as possible to take advantage of early bird prices and book your accommodations through our room block to maximize savings and enhance your networking experience.
- Share: Demonstrate what you have learned by sharing with your colleagues in a post-conference presentation.
- Request Letter: Download and customize this template (DOCX) to request approval for your attendance.