On behalf of the Steering Committee, you are cordially invited to attend the Geo-Congress 2019: The Eighth International Conference on Case Histories in Geotechnical Engineering, which will be held
From the early days of modern geotechnical engineering, sharing field experience of the performance of geostructures – dams, foundations, tunnels, landfills – in the form of case histories has driven the advance of geo-knowledge for the profession. Starting in 1984, Professor Shamsher Prakash formalized this tradition, organizing the First International Conference on Case Histories in Geotechnical Engineering. This conference brought together over 190 engineers from 30 countries to share their experiences, learn from each other, and advance the profession. By 2013, the 7th conference in this series had grown to nearly 320 engineers from 40 countries spanning the globe, culminating in symposia to honor Ralph B. Peck and Clyde Baker. But the essence of the conference had not changed: to advance our profession through shared engineering judgment.
The Geo-Congress 2019 will feature experiences and observations from hundreds of geoengineering projects, including recent “MegaProjects.” The conference will include a wide range of knowledge-enhancing technical and panel sessions, short courses, and workshops. Join us in Philadelphia to share in this celebration of our geo-accomplishments!
Conference Steering Committee
- Conference Co-chair: Scott M. Olson, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Conference Co-chair: Allen Cadden, P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE, Schnabel Engineering
- Technical Program Co-chair: Sanjeev Kumar, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, Southern Illinois University
- Technical Program Co-chair: Jared Green, P.E., M.ASCE, Langan
- Technical Program Co-chair: Christopher L. Meehan, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE, University of Delaware
- Proceedings Editor: Christopher L. Meehan, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE, University of Delaware
- Proceedings Editor: Sanjeev Kumar, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Proceedings Editor: Joseph Thomas Coe, Jr., Ph.D., A.M.ASCE, Temple University
- Proceedings Editor: Miguel A. Pando, Ph.D., P.Eng., A.M.ASCE, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Student Activities Chair: Stacey Kulesza, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, Kansas State University
- Sponsorships and Exhibits Co-chair: George Koerner, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, Geosynthetics Institute
- Sponsorships and Exhibits Co-chair: Archie Filshill, P.E., M.ASCE, Aero Aggregates
- Sponsorships and Exhibits Co-chair: Ben Dutton, P.E., Equipment Corporation of America
- Sponsorships and Exhibits Co-chair: John Grillo, P.E., M.ASCE, Hayward Baker
- Local Liaisons: James A. McKelvey, P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE, Earth Engineering, Inc.; Michael Fritzges, P.E., M.ASCE, Langan; Conrad Cho, P.E., LEED AP, Langan
The Geo-Institute of ASCE
Created by ASCE in October 1996, the Geo-Institute (G-I) combines the talents and perspectives of its members to promote the geotechnical profession and enhance career development through specialty conferences, journals and practice-oriented publications, educational programs, networking and coalition building, technical committees and task forces and leadership on emerging issues. The over 13,000 members and 60+ organizational members of G-I include scientists, engineers, technologists and organizations interested in improving the environment, mitigating natural hazards, and constructing economically engineered facilities.