Abstracts must be submitted via the online CATALYST Submission Management System.
Information about how to log into CATALYST, create a new account, and navigate through the submission process is available.
Final Paper Submission Deadline: October 12, 2022.
Special Topics for Geo-Congress 2023
- Sustainable Design, Equity, and Social Justice: Environmental, Economic, and Societal aspects of sustainability incorporated into geotechnical engineering
- Spatially Distributed Infrastructure: Quantifying regional resilience of roads, bridges, rail, airports, water, power
- Ports and Harbors: Dredging, retention systems, liquefaction, crane facilities, deep foundations
- Data, Remote Sensing, and Cloud Computing: Big data, data analytics, data integration, GIS
- Virtual / Mixed Reality: Enhanced methods for visualization and public communication
- Carbon Footprint of Construction: Engineering Solutions to reduce the carbon footprint in construction
- Geotechnical Challenges on Major Projects: Sustainability and resilience considerations for current and long-term conditions (e.g., incorporating solar, future expansions)
- Landslide Hazards: Characterization and mitigation of landslides
- Wildfire Hazards: Geotechnical aspects of wildfires and associated debris flows
- Twenty Eight by 28: Preparing for 2028 Olympic Games
- Shake and Bake: Earthquakes, drought, and multi-hazard engineering
Core Geotechnical Engineering Topics
- CG00/ Computational Geotechnics
- DF00/ Deep Foundations
- EA00/ Earth Retaining Structures
- ED00/ Embankments, Dams, and Slopes
- EE00/ Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics
- EG00/ Engineering Geology and Site Characterization
- GE00/ Geoenvironmental Engineering
- GP00/ Geophysical Engineering
- GS00/ Geosynthetics
- GT00/ Geotechnics of Soil Erosion
- PA00/ Pavements
- RA00/ Risk Assessment and Management
- RM00/ Rock Mechanics
- SF00/ Shallow Foundations
- SI00/ Soil Improvement
- SP00/ Soil Properties and Modeling
- SU00/ Sustainability in Geotechnical Engineering
- UE00/ Underground Engineering and Construction
- US00/ Unsaturated Soils
- XD00/ Data and Software for Geotechnical Engineering
- YA00/ Education for Geotechnical Engineering
- ZZ00/ Other
Abstracts without all the details requested below may not be considered:
- Abstracts must be between 300 to 500 words.
- Abstracts must identify the name of the topic to which the paper is being submitted.
- Abstracts must include the full formal names, credentials, affiliations and email addresses for all authors.
- The corresponding author must be the author uploads the abstract and presents the final paper.
- Abstracts (and all details requested above) must be uploaded to the online CATALYST Paper Submission System.
- Abstracts are due by February 25, 2022.
Expectation of Geo-Congress Attendance
Every paper awarded final acceptance for presentation is expected to have one author attend the conference and present the paper.
Publication in the conference proceedings without registering for the conference and presenting the paper is not intended. If you will not be able to attend, please do not submit an abstract.