Abstracts must be submitted via the online CATALYST Submission Management System.
Information about how to log into CATALYST, create a new account, and navigate through the submission process is available.
Abstract Submission Deadline has been extended to .
Call for Special Session Proposals
In addition to abstracts, the 2022 GeoCongress Organizing Committee is seeking proposals for Special Sessions (e.g., panels, debates, mega-projects, etc.) and recommendations for State-of-the-Art/State-of-the-Practice Topics and Speakers.
- Please send proposals and recommendations to [email protected]
- The session proposals should explain the idea and provide a listing of the anticipated participants
- The SOA/SOP recommendations should present the specific topic, explain why it is of interest to the attendees, and provide suggested speaker(s) that could present the topic
- All submissions should be less than 2 pages long
Special Topics for Geo-Congress 2022
- Geophysics in Geotechnical Practice: Subsurface exploration, material characterization, detection of voids, anomalies, obstructions, etc.
- Seismic Issues in Central and Eastern US: Site response challenges (deep profiles, lack of strong motion time histories), awareness, code-issues, age-related issues, etc.
- Piedmont Geotechnics: Characterization, foundation performance, support of excavations, etc.
- Coal Combustion Residuals: Characterization, ash pond closures, reuse, etc.
- Building Code Issues: Challenges, problems, needed improvements, etc.
- Advances in Geo-Education: Integrating design and research, industry collaborations, virtual learning, new approaches to labs and experiments, etc.
- Monitoring and Remote Sensing for Geo-Systems: Health monitoring and evaluation, new sensors, applications of UAV and satellite data, use of geophysics for monitoring, etc.
- Innovative Geomaterials and Geosynthetics: Lightweight fills, bio-inspired materials, self-healing materials, embedded sensors, etc.
- Geotechnics of Resilient Infrastructure: Geotechnical solutions to improve resiliency of transportation infrastructure, lifelines and communities.
- Understanding Risk and Learning from Failures: Design uncertainty/risk, design and construction in a complex world, forensic engineering, etc.
Core Geotechnical Engineering Topics
- CG00/ Computational Geotechnics
- DF00/ Deep Foundations
- EA00/ Earth Retaining Structures
- ED00/ Embankments, Dams, and Slopes
- EE00/ Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics
- EG00/ Engineering Geology and Site Characterization
- GE00/ Geoenvironmental Engineering
- GP00/ Geophysical Engineering
- GS00/ Geosynthetics
- GT00/ Geotechnics of Soil Erosion
- PA00/ Pavements
- RA00/ Risk Assessment and Management
- RM00/ Rock Mechanics
- SF00/ Shallow Foundations
- SI00/ Soil Improvement
- SP00/ Soil Properties and Modeling
- SU00/ Sustainability in Geotechnical Engineering
- UE00/ Underground Engineering and Construction
- US00/ Unsaturated Soils
- XD00/ Data and Software for Geotechnical Engineering
- YA00/ Education for Geotechnical Engineering
- ZZ00/ Other
Abstracts without all the details requested below may not be considered:
- Abstracts must be between 300 to 500 words.
- Abstracts must identify the name of the topic to which the paper is being submitted.
- Abstracts must include the full formal names, credentials, affiliations and email addresses for all authors.
- The corresponding author must be the author uploads the abstract and presents the final paper.
- Abstracts (and all details requested above) must be uploaded to the online CATALYST Paper Submission System.
Expectation of Geo-Congress Attendance
Every paper awarded final acceptance for presentation is expected to have one author attend the conference and present the paper.
Publication in the conference proceedings without registering for the conference and presenting the paper is not intended. If you will not be able to attend, please do not submit an abstract.