Top 6 Reasons to Attend
- Learn from top leaders in the industry through special plenary sessions, short courses, panels, and technical sessions.
- Network with colleagues from around the block—and around the world.
- Experience professional and business content from G-I of ASCE, the Canadian Geotechnical Society, and the Minnesota Geotechnical Society.
- Earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs) to maintain your professional licensure while gaining relevant focused knowledge.
- Visit exhibitors to find the latest tools, techniques, e-programs, etc.
- Last but not least, experience Minneapolis: the biggest and artiest town on the prairie, with amazing museums, raucous clubs, elegant and ethnic restaurants, and vanguard theaters. Something is always happening in Minneapolis—even in February!
Volunteer to Review Conference Papers
Wish you could get more involved in the Geo-Institute but don’t know how? Consider volunteering to review technical papers submitted to the Conferences.
Serving as a reviewer allows you to play a critical role in ensuring the papers published in the conference Proceedings adhere to the quality standards of a Geotechnical Special Publication (GSP). Our goal is to publish and present papers of high professional and scientific quality that will have permanent value for geotechnical engineers.
The Geo-Institute of ASCE
Created by ASCE in October 1996, the Geo-Institute (G-I) combines the talents and perspectives of its members to promote the geotechnical profession and enhance career development through specialty conferences, journals and practice-oriented publications, educational programs, networking and coalition building, technical committees and task forces and leadership on emerging issues. The over 13,000 members and 60+ organizational members of G-I include scientists, engineers, technologists and organizations interested in improving the environment, mitigating natural hazards, and constructing economically engineered facilities.