Showcasing Your Geotechnical Engineering Skills
The Geo-Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers is hosting the Geo-Challenge 2024 at Geo-Congress 2024 in Vancouver, Canada. This competition is a great opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to showcase their geotechnical engineering skills and compete for awards and recognition.
The Geo-Challenge consists of five competitions:
- Geo-Wall: Design and build a model mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) retaining wall. (Director: Dr. Beena Ajmera)
- Geo-Prediction: Predict the total primary settlement of an embankment at two locations. (Director: Dr. Matthew Sleep)
- Geo-Poster: Present your geotechnical research or design work. (Director: Dr. Asif Ahmed)
- Geo-Video: Create a short video about a geotechnical engineering concept. (Director: Dr. Mohammad Yamin)
- Geo-Shirt: Design a t-shirt for student participants in the Geo-Challenge competitions. (Director: Dr. Erik Jensen)
To learn more about each competition and to submit your entry, please visit the Geo-Challenge website:
Organizational Member/Student Career Fair
Monday, February 26 | 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location: Exhibit Hall, next to the Geo-Wall student competition, the Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC.
We're excited to invite you to participate in the Organizational Member/Student Career Fair and Networking Event at Geo-Congress 2024!
This year, the Career Fair will be open to all students attending Geo-Congress 2024, including undergraduate and graduate students, as well as the 60 travel grant recipients, selected by the Organizational Member Council. The 60 travel grant recipients will be required to carry a "Career Fair Passport," which will be stamped by company representatives after each interview.
Student Travel Grant Opportunity
This grant is available to currently enrolled US or Canadian college or university students who are actively seeking employment and are interested in attending the Career Fair during the Geo-Congress 2024.
- Be a currently enrolled student at a US or Canadian college or university.
- Be a student member of the Geo-Institute.
- Be actively seeking employment (internships, co-ops, full-time positions).
- Be able to attend the Career Fair on Monday, February 26, 2024, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall of the Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC. This is a drop-in event.
- Have a passport or alternative travel document for entry into Canada.
The deadline for submitting the Application Form is December 18, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST.